SFOAP activities are organized around capacity-building and involvement in policy processes.
The capacity-building component provides farmers’ organizations with:
- strategic tools such as constitutional texts and membership databases
- staff, equipment and resources
- training and expertise
- consultations and communication
- support to PAFFO
The component on policy processes helps farmers’ organizations:
- produce policy studies and analyses
- promote meetings to forge common policy positions
- carry out advocacy and lobbying activities
- support the monitoring of policy implementation
The detailed activities are defined in annual work plans prepared by all participating farmers’ organizations.
SFOAP in Brief
€6.1 million (US$8.1 million)
EC (€5 million),
IFAD (US$1.5 million)
ROPPA, EAFF, PROPAC, SACAU
National farmers’ organizations involved: 55
Countries involved: 38
Steering Committee members:
EAFF, PROPAC, ROPPA, SACAU, PAFFO and IFAD. EC.
FAO and CTA have observer status.
For more information: www.sfoap.net